Leigh Sports Village is a state of the art sport, leisure, retail, hotel, recreation and education complex in Leigh, perfectly situated just off the A580 between the M60 and M6.
With a fantastic 12,000 capacity stadium at its heart, over 1.1 million people visit the Leigh Sports Village site annually. Some of the biggest brands in sport call the stadium their home, it’s the ideal place to advertise your brand and business to a local, regional and international audience.
Since the official opening of the Village by Her Majesty The Queen in May 2009, the Village has gone from strength to strength in providing a range of activities for local people of all ages and backgrounds to hosting international sporting events.
The Sports Village comprises:
- 12,000 capacity stadium, home to Leigh Centurions Rugby League Club, and Manchester United U21s.
- Conference and banqueting facilities
- Corporate hospitality boxes
- Athletics stadium, home to Leigh Harriers Amateur Athletics Club with 400m running track with covered sprinting area
- Leigh Sports Village Arena, with floodlit artificial sports pitches
- Leigh Indoor Sports Centre, which includes a 25m pool, sports hall and Profiles gym
- Wigan and Leigh College
- High quality, 135 room hotel at Holiday Inn Express
- Morrisons Leigh – Supermarket, petrol station and Cafe
- Manor Pharmacy
- Leisure and shopping facilities
- Performance areas
- Walking tracks
- High tech offices
- Open spaces
- Free car parking
Facts about Leigh Sports Village
Leigh Sports Village boasts some of the best facilities in modern sport, and in addition to being the home of Leigh Centurions, is also currently home to Manchester United. It is not unusual for various other high profile events and games including international England Rugby League games and Challenge Cup games to take place at Leigh Sports Village.
- Stadium opened in December 2008
- Stadium has held 325 events (as of June 2016)
- Total attendance at Leigh Sports Village 541,140 (as of June 2016)
- Cumulative attendance at Leigh Sports Village of 150,345 over the last 18 months (as of June 2016)
- 4 Rugby League International fixtures hosted (3 x senior England teams, 1 x World Cup)
- 9 Football International fixtures hosted
- Elton John pop concert attendance of 17,500 in June 2014
- Regular event coverage by Sky, BBC, BT Sport and MUTV (Estimated audience reach 90 million)
- Approximate annual footfall across the whole Leigh Sports Village site of 1.1 million