Leigh Centurions’ principal Community Partner is Leigh Community Trust, who deliver many projects community-wide on the club’s behalf.
The trust is a registered charity and aims to be an integral part of the Leigh Community by creating high quality, vibrant an innovative community programmes that enhance the lives of everyone in the area.
The Trust is based locally and therefore understands the needs of the local community and has a vested interest in creating opportunities for residents. The staff have over 30 years experience of working with children and young adults, and have a positive reputation for delivering sports, health, education and inclusion projects.
In 12 months The Trust delivers to:
- Over 7,500 Primary school children through our Sky Try, Pit 2 Pitch and Smarter Heart schools programmes. (The Trust works with every primary school in the borough – all 29)
- Over 300 6-12 year olds through our holiday camps.
- Over 350 High school pupils at risk of exclusion through our New Skills and Elite Warrior programme.
- Over 200 older generation residents through our Dancing Down Memory Lane tea dance programme.
- Over 100 long term unemployed residents through our Switch Programme.
- In 2015 over 200 Leigh Centurions player appearances were delivered in the local community.